Any purchase made today will enter you into our Small Business Saturday Giveaway! This is your chance to win a beautiful art piece from us!
We'll be open from 11am-9pm
What is Small Business Saturday?
Small Business Saturday, which takes place on November 26, 2022, is a day to honor small businesses and everything they contribute for their communities. Small Business Saturday has grown to be a significant component of the busiest shopping season for small companies. It was created by American Express in 2010 and has been formally cosponsored by the SBA since 2011.
Spend the weekend supporting your favorite small businesses in downtown Cuyahoga Falls! When you shop small our downtown continues to grow and thrive; given that for every dollar spent at a small business in the U.S., approximately 67 cents stays in the local community.
Here are just five reasons to shop small and local:
1. Small businesses give back (more) to your community - You support your town, community, and neighborhood when you patronize a local business. Businesses are required to pay sales taxes to the city and county where they are located. If you divert that money to a big-box store somewhere else, your neighborhood won't gain anything at all. Additionally, those taxes are used to pay for public employees as well as public amenities like parks, roads, and sidewalks.
2. Significant economic impact is produced by small businesses - Since 1995, small businesses have produced more than half of all new jobs in the United States. And since 1990, major firms have cut 4 million jobs, while small businesses have created 8 million, according to the SBA. The more you buy from a neighborhood store, the more employment possibilities you might be able to assist them in creating.
3. Smaller companies offer superior customer service - One of the main benefits small business owners have over larger merchants is the ability to offer more individualized, hands-on, and memorable customer service. Small business owners are passionate about their business and truly want to make their customers happy.
4. Small businesses foster a sense of community - You have a much better chance of getting to know a local small business owner. A stronger feeling of community is the second most common desire among urbanites, per a Trulia survey that was mentioned in Forbes.
5. You’re going to feel good - Would you prefer to feel guilty about purchasing subpar goods from Walmart or be completely happy with your purchase of a piece of local art?